Each year, two outstanding senior undergraduate students are selected through a competitive process of applications, voting, and interviews to represent the University as Mr. and Ms. TCU.
This spring, each TCU registered student organization may nominate one Mr. and one Ms. TCU applicant. Nominated individuals must then complete the online application in order to be accepted as an official candidate for Mr. and Ms. TCU.
Application essays and resumes will be scored and the student body vote will be tallied to calculate the Mr. and Ms. TCU finalists. These 10 men and women will continue in the selection process by participating in faculty/staff interviews in the fall 2019 semester. More information about the selection process can be found in the timeline and resources below.
MR. AND MS. TCU 2019 TIMELINE
For more detailed information, please download and review the Candidate Info Packet 2019
Registered student organizations are invited to nominate one senior Mr. and one Ms. TCU student, using their organizations’ respective internal process. Qualifications for eligible candidates may be found online. Once a student is nominated by their organization, they must fill out the online application linked below.
- Application opens online (nominees are to fill this form out, not the organization nominating them) – Sunday, March 17. Click here to apply!
- Once a student is nominated, he/she must fill out the application above to become an official nominee for their organization.
- Student organizations may nominate candidates prior to the official application opening; however, nominees will not be able to submit their applications until this date.
- Application closes – Friday, April 12 at 11:59pm
- The application includes a short essay and professional resume.
- Polls open – Thursday, April 25 at 9:00am
- The ballot will be hosted on TCU Qualtrics. All undergraduate students will receive a direct email with a unique URL to cast their vote for Mr. and Ms. TCU online.
- Polls close – Thursday, April 25 at 11:59pm
- Ten finalists announced – Monday, April 29th
- The five Mr. TCU and five Ms. TCU candidates with the highest combined scores (resume, short essay, and student body vote) will be selected as finalists for the Mr. and Ms. TCU process in the Fall 2019 semester.
- Finalist interviews – Fall 2019 (TBA)
- Homecoming Game October 26, 2019
For more information, please contact Kelly Lee at email@example.com
Congratulations to our 2018 Mr. and Ms. TCU – Brandon Kitchin and Michelle Nguyen
and to all of the 2018 Mr. and Ms. TCU Finalists!